As a kid, remember how excited you were for your new “grown-up” teeth to arrive? If you’ve lost or are at risk of losing teeth, you can experience that excitement again with dental implants from our expert Hemet dentist.
There are many outstanding benefits to dental implants, but before we get to those we will discuss:
- What are dental implants?
- Who can get dental implants?
- And finally, the 10 outstanding benefits of dental implants
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the closest thing to your natural teeth for replacing missing teeth.
An implant doesn’t just replace the visible tooth, as bridges or dentures do; it also replaces the missing tooth root. This makes it one of the most stable and durable missing tooth restorations available.
An implant has three components:
- Post: This is placed into the underlying bone as a new tooth root.
- Abutment: Attaches the visible part of the tooth, the crown, to the post.
- Crown: A custom-created porcelain crown finishes off your implant.
Dental implants look, feel, and function just like your natural tooth, making them the preferred option for replacing a missing tooth.
Who can get dental implants?
According to the American Academy of Implant DentistryOpens in the AAID website, most adults are good candidates for dental implants.
However, there are a few requirements that must be met before we can successfully use this treatment:
- You must be healthy enough to undergo a routine oral surgery
- Have healthy gums, free of any disease
- Have enough bone to support the implant
There are some health issues – such as uncontrolled chronic health conditions or a history of radiation to the head and neck – which may affect whether or not you can have implants. At Larrondo Family Dentistry, our Hemet cosmetic dentist will complete a detailed personal consultation to address your specific situation and needs.
What are the 10 benefits of dental implants from our Hemet dentist?
There are a variety of restorative dentistry solutions for missing teeth, so why do we say dental implants are our preferred treatment.
Dental implants offer benefits that other missing tooth solutions do not, including:
- With proper care, dental implants will last your lifetime!
- Dental implants look and function like natural teeth. No one will know you have an implant, but you and your dentist.
- Dental implants become a permanent part of you, with the surrounding bone growing around the base over time. They are as close to natural teeth as possible.
- Regular brushing and flossing are all that’s needed to care for implants – no need for embarrassing denture cups and fizzy cleaner sitting on your bathroom counter.
- Implants don’t wiggle or slip like removable dentures can, so activities like eating and talking won’t be negatively affected.
- Missing teeth cause wear and damage to the surrounding healthy ones. Alternatively, implants keep your natural teeth and bone structure healthy.
- Implants allow you to regain your beautiful smile and self-confidence.
- Removable dentures and bridges can often be uncomfortable, especially over time. With implants, you’ll be comfortable and pain-free.
- Implants have been around for nearly 50 years. They have a long history of improvements in that time and, as a result, are 95% successful.
- You still need to brush and floss for gum health, but your implant will never get a cavity!
How can you get started with dental implants?
Dental implants are an excellent way to invest in your long-term oral health.
At Larrondo Family Dentistry, we are happy to discuss your specific case, answer questions, and show you just how quickly you can have your smile back.
If you live or work in Hemet, Temecula, Moreno Valley, Riverside, Corona, or another nearby community, click the button below to schedule your free consultation with Hemet dentist, Dr. Jorge Larrondo.
Or contact us by one of these other convenient means: